Otolaryngologists, commonly known as ear, nose and throat doctors, offer specialized care for diseases and conditions that affect the mouth, throat, voice box, noses, sinuses, ears, head, and neck. Dr. Jesse Tan and Dr. Jesus Tan, Long Beach, CA, ear, nose and throat doctors, treat a variety of conditions ranging from sinusitis to sleep apnea to hearing loss.
What type of training do ear, nose and throat doctors receive?
Ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctors spend at least five years after medical school in residencies and fellowship. Thanks to their extensive training in otolaryngology, they're well equipped to diagnose and treat common, and not so common, ear, nose and throat conditions and illnesses.
When should I visit a Long Beach ENT?
ENTs diagnose and treat:
- Allergies: The specialists offer allergy testing, prescribe allergy medication, offer immunotherapy injections, and provide advice that will help ease your discomfort.
- Sinusitis: Whether you've just developed sinusitis symptoms, or you have chronic sinusitis, you'll benefit from a visit to the ENT. In addition to prescribing decongestants, antibiotics and other medications, the doctors also perform endoscopic sinus surgery if needed.
- Throat Issues: ENTS treat tonsillitis, inflamed adenoids, airway conditions, difficulty swallowing, breathing issues, chronic hoarseness, and other voice problems.
- Ear Problems: ENTS are the doctors you'll want to see if you have ringing or buzzing in your ears, an ear infection, trauma to your ears, balance or dizziness, ear pain, or nerve pathway disorders. They also diagnose hearing loss and can help you make the most of your hearing with aids that amplify sounds and diminish annoying background sounds.
- Tumors: The specialists diagnose, treat and surgically remove tumors in the head, neck, and thyroid.
- Other Treatments: Your ENT can also determine why you suffer frequent nosebleeds or find out why your voice has changed recently. They can also help you avoid the damaging health effects caused by sleep apnea by fitting you with an oral appliance that keeps your airway open while you sleep.
Could you benefit from a visit to an ENT? Call Drs. Jesse and Jesus Tan, your Long Beach, CA, ear, nose and throat doctors, at (562) 988-8818 to schedule an appointment.