How your ENT specialists in Long Beach, CA, can help when you have sinusitis
When you have sinusitis, the continuous pressure and pain can make it difficult to concentrate and enjoy your life. Sinusitis can make breathing difficult and cause severe headaches. If you have sinusitis, you need to visit your ENT specialist for relief.
Drs. Jesse Tan, Jesus Tan, and Rose Eapen at Tan Head and Neck Center in Long Beach, CA, provide a wide range of ear, nose, and throat services, including treatment for sinusitis.
Sinusitis is the medical term for inflammation of your sinuses. The inflammation can be caused by a bacterial, viral, or fungal infection. Your symptoms can become more severe if you have structural problems in your nasal passages and sinuses.
You may have sinusitis if you experience these signs and symptoms:
- Frequent episodes of sneezing or coughing
- Frequent severe headaches and a high fever
- Frequent feelings of pressure and pain behind or around your eyes
- Nasal congestion and problems breathing through your nose
- Irritation and pain in your sinuses and nasal passages
- A yellow or green discharge coming from your nose
- Pain or sensitivity in your upper teeth
For mild sinusitis symptoms, you can:
- Place a humidifier in your home to moisten air and soothe your nasal passages
- Irrigate your sinuses with a saline solution to clear out nasal passages
- Take over-the-counter mucus-thinning medications and decongestants
- Use a decongestant nasal spray to reduce swelling and congestion
Moderate to severe sinusitis symptoms should be evaluated by your ENT specialist, who may recommend:
- Prescription-strength antihistamines and decongestants
- Antibiotic medications to kill bacteria causing the infection
- Oral corticosteroid medications and nasal sprays to reduce inflammation
Your ENT specialist may also recommend a procedure known as balloon sinuplasty, to open up your sinuses so you can breathe freely again.
To learn more about the signs, symptoms, and treatment of sinusitis, call Drs. Jesse Tan, Jesus Tan, and Rose Eapen at Tan Head and Neck Center in Long Beach, CA. You can reach them in the office by calling (562) 988-8818, so call now.